AutoBlog Bids a Fond Farewell to the Outgoing JK
There are bound to be a number of farewells coming in the near future, as the days of the current model Wrangler, the JK, wind down.
However, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better stop on the JK Farewell Tour than this review from AutoBlog. The analysis unfolds through some quality seat-time in a Rubicon Hard Rock Model, and we’ve highlighted nine quotes from the article that we found most interesting.
1. “Nearly one in four Jeeps sold new last year was a Wrangler.”
2. “Wranglers have gotten more comfortable and capable over the years, but driving one is still an exercise in compromises.”
3. “The driving experience is of the ‘well, it’s better than it used to be’ variety on pavement.”
4. “…nobody takes home a Wrangler because it makes sense. It’s a middle finger extended in the direction of conformity while fording the river of beige Corollas between home and office.”
5. “Wrangler sales aren’t slipping, but increasingly stringent emissions and safety standards are signs of the inevitable forward march of progress – and so Wrangler must change with the times.”
6. “A turbocharged four-cylinder engine seems like a safe bet to replace the thirsty V6 in order to make the EPA happy, and we’ve heard about a hybrid.”
7. “When you cling to the side of a mountain in a Wrangler, you forget about its cheap plastic door panels and wayward highway directional stability. Instead, you focus on its remarkable ease of use.”
8. “For now, the current Wrangler remains a hugely compelling buy.”
9. “Descending into suburban Denver with a filthy Jeep, I smugly pass a shiny, clean Wrangler Unlimited. It prompted a distinct thought: ‘I explored today. You did not.’ That’s the feeling Jeep must replicate when the current Wrangler bites the dust.”http://love4x4.net/index.php/2017/03/04/autoblog-bids-fond-farewell-outgoing-jk/http://love4x4.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/jeep-wrangler-drive-5-2.jpghttp://love4x4.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/jeep-wrangler-drive-5-2-150x150.jpgUncategorized